In order to comply with new regulations on General Digital Protection Regulations (GDPR) which became law in May 2018, we have drawn up the following policy. This covers all the personal information we may hold, not just relating to this website:
The Information we hold
- For the most part, this is merely your name and email address. We also hold the phone numbers of cast members
- We will also hold the phone numbers and postal addresses for contracted professionals, such as director, lead actor, production manager and media manager
- If you support the Easter Play financially by regular standing order donation and/or use Gift Aid, we will also have your postal address and phone number, plus email address if you have volunteered that information
- We also hold the names, addresses and email addresses of churches in Edinburgh and district
Why we hold this information
- Members of the cast, and potential members of the cast, need to be contacted with news of rehearsals, performance dates etc.
- The trustees issue a newsletter “The Playlist” from time to time for supporters, and need to have email addresses for this purpose
- If you support us financially, we want to be able to write and thank you for your donation
- For Gift Aid donors, we need to hold records containing personal information, so we can follow due process in making Gift Aid claims
Where the information is held
- We use Mailchimp to send out The Playlist. Names and email addresses are held in databases on the Mailchimp website
- Information on cast members is held by the Director
- Information on financial donors is held by the Treasurer only, in written format and is not shared with other trustees or anyone else.
Safety and security
- Our Mailchimp account is password protected
- We will not hold onto personal data any longer than we need it. Supporters can unsubscribe from The Playlist at any time. Financial records will be kept no longer than is required under HMRC regulations; at the time this policy was drawn up, records should be kept for six years
- We will not pass on your personal data to any other individual or organisation
To be confirmed
We only use essential cookies on this website. These do not store any personal information about you.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.